Benefits of Sustainable Architecture
1. Conservation of non renewable energy sources.
2. Less carbon in the area which in turn ends up with decreased pollution.
3. Less impact of the urban heat island which is the concept of higher temperatures in cities that have high usage of concrete and tar building materials because of high albedo levels. This causes high temperatures and adds on to global warming. With increased amounts of sustainable architecture, which includes rooftop gardens, this can reduce the temperature of the city by 2-3 degrees and can contribute in the slowing of global warming.
4. Reduces exposure to toxic materials.
5. Ensures the protection of natural resources such as water, soil, and vegetation. It also respects the geography of the land and does not hinder and disrespect the Earth by its architectural characteristics.